I remember when I first graduated with my design degree and set out to find a job. Many companies wouldn’t even see me, saying I didn’t have enough experience. This is, of course, a classic Catch-22 – how do you get experience, if no one will hire you? Now that you are on the other side of the hiring equation, what do you do when resumes from recent graduates come across your desk?
Does your department hire recent graduates?
- Yes, it’s worth the effort to mold someone (42%, 5 Votes)
- No, we don’t have time to train them (33%, 4 Votes)
- No, the learning curve is too high at my firm (25%, 3 Votes)
- Yes, we can’t get a budget for senior roles (17%, 2 Votes)
- Yes, I can't find qualified candidates with experience (17%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 12