The BOSS Group, Cella and InSource have teamed up to benchmark the in-house creative community for a third consecutive year. The results of this survey provide valuable insights, as well as a source of validation and direction to in-house creative leaders.
More than 425 leaders from in-house creative departments responded to our survey conducted in January 2013. These leaders represent Fortune 1000 companies, as well as middle market and other large companies, and span multiple industries including but not limited to retail, government contracting, financial services, pharmaceuticals, higher education, consumer packaged goods and services.
In-house creative leaders were asked to share their stories as they relate to shared challenges and goals across the industry. Topics covered include: inspiring your team, offshoring, developing new services, and growing your team’s capabilities.
Report Key Highlights
- 66% of creative leaders responded that their teams are the only in-house creative services group within the company.
- Print spending has continued to trend downward with 87% of creative teams indicating that print spend has either remained flat or has decreased in the past.
- 44% of respondents indicated that their in-house print options were restricted to standard printers and copiers alone. But almost 46% of respondents have access to color digital printers, and 27% have access to large format printers. 18 organizations reported having an offset press in house.
- Creative leaders indicated that 65% of the time, their Creative Directors meet with clients to scope a new project, and 62% of the time, Lead Designers review iterations with clients
- Respondents that use project tracking software were asked to provide the name of the system their teams use; no single system was dominant in the responses as 28 different solutions were represented.
For more information and to download a complete copy of the report please see www.creativeindustryreport.com.